Saturday, January 1, 2022

A New.Year Same Tradition. 1/1/2022

 Good Morning,

I just sat down for a minute to write and I will be headed down the road this morning with our two Springer Spaniels, a Thermos full of Door County Cherry Creme Coffee, my shotgun and hope. I am hoping to shoot some pheasants and possibly shoot one that I will never forget. I will be joining family and friends for our annual pheasant hunt.  I would like to wish you all a Happy New Year.


1 Corinthians 11:2 Now I commend you because you remember me and maintained the traditions even as I taught you. 

I went to bed early last night, especially early for a New Years Eve. I take this hunt very seriously and want to be at my best for safety's sake. We have been doing this for over ten years now and each year gets better. 

My point for today is this. When it comes to hunting there is one goal in mind and that is for all the dogs and hunters to be safe. Nothing ruins a hunt or family outing like an accident that can be avoided. That would start the new year off in a bad way.  No one will enter a field tomorrow without prayer first. God first and the hunt second. 

No matter what the sport or outing, prayer should be a part of it all. If I have taught my nephews and grandson  anything it was "don't hunt without praying." I hope that long after I am gone they will keep this hunting tradition alive, and always start it with prayer. 

I hope to be writing tomorrow as to how well we did. 

God bless,

Marty.  

2 comments:

  1. Marty, Safety begins on the roads this AM,roads in the outlying areas are treacherous this morning, be careful and prayerful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ray. Our roads were paved with prayer. No one slippery spot.

      Delete