Friday, December 31, 2021

Waiting On The Snow 12/31/2021

 Good Morning,

I am sitting at my desk this morning and some how after a restless night of sleep, I find myself wide awake and ready to write. I have equipped myself with a hot mug of Door County Cherry Creme Coffee and now have two dogs on my feet. Great start to a day!

Isaiah 55:8-9  8. "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, and neither My ways your ways, declares the Lord." 9. As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts higher than yours.

The weather forecast is a little ominous for tomorrow and I have big plans for tomorrow. New Year's Day usually has me, family and friends out chasing pheasants for a few hours. One of the family members is flying home today from Florida and due to covid and weather, many flights are being postponed or cancelled. He and his lady would be sorrowfully missed. With or without them the hunt will take place. 

As I prayed for them and am still hoping things work out I was reminded through the Holy Spirit that sometimes our plans don't work out and we need to accept that what we don't know just needs to be accepted. If they don't make it, maybe God saved them from a plane crash, or contracting covid. No matter what happens today or how much snow we get tomorrow it' is all in God's hands and He knows best.

I think I was reminded of that and it will be a goal in 2022 for me to remember God' knows best. My first resolution for 2022 is to take me off of my own pedestal and humble myself before God. A great plan for 2022 is to start with knowing and accepting that God still spins the world and has control. If I were smart I wouldn't even say. "I might not like His plan, I just need to respect it." God doesn't need my opinion either. Out of love for Him I need to accept the plan without grumbling, trust Him and go forward in the way He sees fit. I will be better off by doing so.

Now I sit and wait.

God bless.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment