Thursday, January 20, 2022

Good Doggie. A Calamity Of Errors Averted. 1/20/2022



 Good Morning,

The day began with me sounding like a wounded bear as I rose from a warm bed and hit the air of a cold house. The furnace was turned up and a hot cup of Door County Cherry Creme Coffee is reviving me from a very sound hibernation. 

Luke 6:31 And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them. 

Yesterday I received a call from our next door neighbor while at work. She asked me where my wife was and was she ok? My sense of bad news was starting to rise. She explained that our dogs had been outside for a long time in the cold. Our neighbor went outside and then told me our garage door was open as well as the door leading from the garage to the house. Our two dogs had been roaming the front yard and I asked if she would round the two of them up and put them inside and close the door. She then also closed our garage door.

What caused this? The best I could tell is that something blew by the electronic sensor for the door opener on it's way down as Rene left for an appointment. The wind was very strong from the West and very cold. It must have blown the entry door open, which was probably not closed al the way. We had a lesson in closing doors last night just for general re-education. 

Here's my point. The dogs were trained to stay close to their boundaries and they followed their training.  So when I got home I gave them an extra pat on the head and a little scratching of the ears. They had no idea why, but praise later is better than none at all.  The second and most important, is this. A good neighbor is worth more than gold or silver. She cared for our animals (family members) and took care of securing our home. We are truly grateful for God who blessed us with wonderful neighbors. In order to have great neighbors we ourselves need to be neighborly. 

So today, secure your pet's.  And be watchful over your neighbor's children, pets and property. What goes around comes around. 

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment