Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Looking For Disposable Cameras 1/12/2022

 Good Morning,

The Door County Cherry Coffee is just right and it is time for me to jot down my thoughts.

Last night I saw my wife Rene come home exhausted. I asked her what she had been up to and she explained that she was looking for the old carboard disposable cameras for her mother. My mother in law is one of those who takes pictures of everything and anyone who will hold still. At 94 years old she is not savvy as to digital photos. She has been using these disposables for many years now. They are becoming hard to find and the price has soared. She still wants to buy them two at a time and for seven dollars. 

Isaiah 43:18 Forget the former things and do not dwell on the past. 

Rene couldn't find disposable cameras anywhere except for one place and they had one for twenty two dollars. She finally gave up and came home, probably minus a tank of gas. She asked me to look online and see what I could find. I found a few at twelve dollars each and I ordered four. Rene said "Mom only wanted two." The look over the top of my glasses had her say "thank you" and she retreated. Her mom would have her looking for more cameras in two months. 

I did some simple math and told Rene 5 hours looking for cameras???. Who knows how many miles? It might be cheaper to purchase Mom a simple digital camera with a large disk with megabytes like the Titanic and show her how to use it. I do believe Mother would manage ok and have less photos being developed that just has a picture of the floor.

Rene agreed and then said. "I will let you teach her how to take pictures with the new one." I replied "Ok I will show her how to use it proficiently and you will pose for the first barrage of photos." 

My point is this. I will win the challenge. But most of all there are times when you just need to change from the old to the new. 

So look around, what are you stuck on that you just can't change doing or using.?

Marty

 

No comments:

Post a Comment