Friday, January 21, 2022

What A Find! 1/21/2022

 Good Morning,

There is beginning to be a theme to my mornings. It is surely another cold one today. Our two dogs did not take a lot of time outside this morning. They went out and were back to the door in a few minutes. No dilly dallying around today. A hot mug of Door County Chocolate Cherry Coffee is waiting for me in the kitchen. It is time to write. 

Proverbs 31:10-12 A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies. He husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value. She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life. 

My wife has been a little down lately and yet she stays busy and has begun to tear down our Christmas chalet and prep it for Valentines Day. She has some things on her mind. We were both resting and sat down to watch the evening news. A commercial was aired on television advertising a dating service. It is one of those "Match Making" computer services that helps you find your potential mate. 

My wife Rene, said to me. "If we had used a service that matches compatibility you and I wouldn't be sitting here together. We are total opposites!" I agreed with her and laughed because Rene hates going on line for anything and would have accidentally ordered groceries or a new car instead of loading her profile. Now for those who have used one of these services and had good results, I am happy for you. 

Our trip to 1001 years of marriage, began with a prayer. I was lonely and desired to be married. That's a plain simple fact. I prayed for someone to come into my life and said "If God is willing. let it be". The answer to that prayer led me to lose my job. I then entered a whole new arena of work 9 months later. It sure didn't seem like a good way to find a wife. But from construction to health care was a drastic turn and mind boggling. Then once hired, the position changed completely and I was temporarily placed to work in X-ray. To me life just seemed to be a comedy of errors. I couldn't wait for construction work to pick up so I could get back into the field I was trained for and unplug a drain or something. Little did I see that the Match Maker in heaven was at work. 

I was needing to learn how to develop films and was assigned to an x-ray tech who rolled her eyes when she was told to train me,. Boy! That wasn't a warm fuzzy. But after some training in a dark room and some pleasantries were exchanged I had a new friend. Each day I started looking forward to seeing my friend at work. Well I won't bore you with the rest of the details. A year later I found myself dating my friend and the rest is ancient history. God had answered my prayers and not until the day after our first date did I finally see what He was doing. He positioned me where I could meet the one He had chosen for me. If I had my way I was going to quit working in health care after 1 year. Rene and I were and still are total opposites. But God knew what would work for us. I still believe God answers prayer and I am sure glad we did not do it my way or consult anyone but Him in finding a "Match". What a  blessing God led me too. 

Just a little story to brighten the day!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment