Sunday, January 16, 2022

A Big Temptation. But God Is Watching 1/16/2022

 Good Morning,

A fire is crackling in the fireplace and the Door County Cherry Creme is steaming in the mug next to me. I believe it is time for me to write. 

James 1:22 Do not merely listen to the Word and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. 

I had the extreme good fortune to be able to listen to one of our pastors last night. He preaches once a month or whenever I am gone for our Saturday night service. It was good to grab a seat and take in some words of wisdom. The whole message was good and it was based on resolving to straighten out the finances within your home and to keep them straight.

Psalm 91:2 I will say of the Lord. "He is my refuge and my strength, my God in whom I trust."

All of the points were well made and I couldn't agree more with what he said, One thing however, one point, one statement just made me think about how one mistake could cause a financial calamity, Pastor T remined us all to make sure to pay our taxes, record them properly with the government and avoid temptation. Thus not bringing sin into our finances for the household. I quote. " Do not cheat on your taxes. It is easy to do and you probably won't get caught. But God is watching." He went on to say that very often  people cheat by inflating a number here or there or "forget" to claim some income made on the side. 

Exodus 20:15 You shall not steal.

Exodus 20:16 You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor ( Shall not lie.)

This is to be considered stealing and lying. Two very clear commandments that we are to obey. Violation of these commandments keeps us from being in right standing with God and can have all kinds of ramifications we never considered. God could punish us by not blessing our finances, taking some away, or any other way He chooses to correct us.  The IRS could audit us and charge us penalties. If the issue blows out of control we could be prosecuted. Things with the government always seem to exaggerate and inflate themselves.

So in all financial dealings Pastor T cautioned us to be honest and forthright. " Honesty pays dividends financially, spiritually and physically. Being dishonest and then caught causes all kinds of harm to the body, as well as the soul. Worry and fear take their toll.

Proverbs 5:21 For a man's ways are before the eyes of the Lord, and He ponders all his paths. 

Pay on time. Pay the correct amount and keep great records. And at all times remember God is watching,

God bless this day for you. 

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment