Saturday, January 15, 2022

A Game Of Scrabble And Some Chili 1/15/2022

 Good Morning,

The hearth will soon be glowing and the door County Chocolate Caramel Truffle Coffee is already in my cup. A good day it will be to haul in some firewood.

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and the joints of marrow, and is a discerner of thoughts and intents of the heart.


I sitting content and warming up this morning. I am still full from last night's dinner. We dined on chili, salad, biscuits and some light snacks. Most important we dined with m brother and his lady friend. It was a very nice evening and any night that has biscuits in it gives the night an A grade in my book. I don't remember when we decided on getting together but last night was a night of food, beverages, and two games of Scrabble. We both remarked on the way home as to how much fun we had.

For those of you who have never played Scrabble, here is a simple explanation. There is a game board of course. You receive 7 small wooden tiles with letters on them. Then each person takes a turn making words out of their tiles, building upon the previous words from the other players. Then you replenish the letters you used and keep playing until someone runs out of letters and none are left in the replenishment box. Of course there is scoring involved. The ladies had more luck than my brother and I. And it was very obvious that once they got going  education and being well read, paid off for them. Anatomy and physiology words (that I challenged) and early Egyptian slang for eggnog fleas came into play.

My point for the day is this. That pile of tile letters was a mess until one by one we assembled words from them. We too at times have lives that seem like a scrambled mess. All four of us worked hard to make something from nothing, but it took work and we built upon success. 

A scrambled life is recoverable when you start one by one building upon the last success. There were times when we needed to enlist the help of a dictionary. Which leads me to the next point. To stay on track we must be willing to be well read. The Bible is alive and well and it contains the plans for righteous living. The last thing someone needs when unscrambling their life is for sin to creep in and cause setbacks and stall the rebuilding process. This often causes one to develop a desire to quit and never complete the game board of life. Each of us has different letter tiles in the game of life, just like Scrabble. We played with what we were given. Once we we were trying and others knew it, our opponents were no longer our opponents. They desired to look at the letters and tried to assist. A positive movement in the right direction often gains momentum and assistance,

I got clobbered at Scrabble last night. My excuse was this. "I was preparing my blog in my mind." That's my story and I am sticking to it,

Have A Great Day. Don't quit.

Marty

 

No comments:

Post a Comment