Wednesday, January 19, 2022

A Day To Pray. 1/19/2022

 Good Morning,

I am running behind today and I have a good reason for it. I am writing to all of you from the comfort of my den and sitting next to a hot cup of Door County Highlander Grog Coffee. The cup will be empty soon. 

My alarm clock is the radio type and this morning instead of hearing music the morning news was being broadcast. The first thing I heard was that one country was poised to attack another one. The rest of the world is waiting to see what happens. Over the last few weeks the one country has move personnel and equipment to the border and is ready to launch the attack. My prayer of course is that some how, some way this can be diplomatically resolved. 

So of course mixed in with personal things on my prayer list today I did pray for the situation across the ocean from us. I can't say that the news was a great way to start the day.

So as the world ventures into this situation I looked for assurance for tomorrow and the future. Of course I found a Bible verse fitting for today with a promise.

Hebrews 4:16 Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of Grace, that we may receive mercy and grace to help in time of need. 

I found the peace I was looking for knowing that Jesus still sits at the right hand of God and we have him as an advocate who prays for us. 

Hebrews 7:25 Consequently, He is able to save the uttermost those who draw near to God through Him, since He lives to make intercession for them. 

The peace that comes from God can only be found when one comes to God through Jesus our intercessor. So if you find yourself filled with despair and lacking hope, the first step is to find your Savior in Jesus. Don't go another day, lacking the most important step you can ever make and that is to invite Jesus into your heart and life. A short prayer of invitation is all it takes. 

It might go like this. "Dear God. I want to be part of your family. I acknowledge that you raised Jesus from the dead and I accept Him as my Lord and Savior. I know He lives and has paid the price for my sins. Thank you Father God for the forgiveness you have bestowed on me. You have saved me and have given me the gift of eternal life with You. Amen"

This prayer among all the others someone might say today is the most important one a person could say by faith on January 19th. 

God bless.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment