Sunday, January 2, 2022

Digging Out Today 1/2/2022

 Good Morning,

My mug is filled with Door County Caramel Apple Coffee and a fire will soon be warming the house from the hearth. I really feel like writing. 

Romans 12 :10 Love on another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor and respect. 

As usual I applied my 19 second rule to my coffee. I like my coffee hot and for me, the coffee that comes from the coffee maker is just not hot enough. I am very finicky when it comes to my coffee. I have discovered that 19 seconds in the microwave right after being poured into my mug is the perfect temperature for me. 20 seconds is too much. My mug is always preheated with hot water. I was explaining this to a friend yesterday, mind you he is much younger than I am. He looked at me like I was crazy and tried to reason with me in at least 10 different ways as to why I don't need the extra 19 seconds. In his opinion my coffee maker must be defective if it is not making the coffee hot enough.  I just laughed and wrote it off as, he is young and just doesn't even know what good coffee tastes like.

Enough on my coffee. Last night we got clobbered by a snow storm and this morning it all needs to be taken care of. I am waiting for daylight and a little bit after that I will start the snow blower and have at it. I also want to wait a little later so I do not disturb the neighbors and my wife as they sleep in. 

There are two examples of what I am trying to establish here. The first being the coffee debate. This young man was respectful in our banter back and forth yesterday and it was actually fun to debate with him. He is the kind of young man I like to hang around with and is someone you can count on. The key word is respect. He doesn't fathom my pickiness but he respects it. 

The second one is this. I am a morning guy and have plenty of lights on our property. But to disturb others sleep because I am just itching to get this snow gone would be rude and not very nice. It's Sunday and no one needs to get to work, so I will wait. I respect others who need to sleep. 

So two different interactions but both with respect for others. I think we need a little more respect for others in this world. So for today. As we interact with one another let's add a little more respect to the equation and see just how much better our world will roll.

I will say this however. It's never too early to make some French Toast out of banana bread slices. Try it. You might like it.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment