Sunday, January 9, 2022

Music For Your Soul 1/9/2022

 Good Morning,

The day began a few minutes ago for me and it always starts with me taking care of our dogs. It is not a chore for me , but a labor of love. Those two like to get outside and then get fed before I do anything else. So as my cup of Door County Breakfast Coffee was brewing, I took care of the two attention seeking fur balls and now it is time to write. 

Psalm 92:1 It is good to praise the Lord and make music to your name. O Most High. 

We have a Saturday night service where my wife Rene and I attend church and serve the Lord. I would have to say that I do about 80% of the preaching. I have been cutting back a little as I get older. Most of the time if not just about all of the time we have a small group of men who lead praise and worship. One of the original members of this group who helped to form this group has a unique story. 


As this man has aged he has experienced some difficulties with his health. Our friend has had to move to assisted living/nursing home. He has lost the sight in both eyes and is totally blind. Both eyes needed to be removed due to severe pain. At times due to covid our friend has had to be quarantined in his living facility and could not venture out and people could not visit. This man's name is Howard. 

There is another member of the group who has been led to pick Howard up, wheel chair and all and bring him to the Saturday church services. Just recently Howard has returned to the group and sings with them. He manages to sing all the hymns from memory and is more than happy with being there serving the Lord.

He is happy to be able to contribute in his old age and desires to be there as much as possible. Because of the service time Howard misses dinner at his living facility. His friend and music partner along with his wife often take Howard for a bite to eat after church. 

This story of unselfish love for God and for one another is "Music To My Soul". Are your willing to serve others all the way into your later years? I leave you to answer that question.

Have a great day.

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment