Friday, January 14, 2022

Advice For A Young Man 1/14/2022

 Good Morning, 

The day began with a shout from the alarm clock and the smell of hot Door County Jingle Bell Java Coffee coming from the kitchen. It is time to write.

We have two nephews getting married this year, both of them in July. We are looking forward to attending those two occasions. A third nephew has just committed to marriage by asking his young lady to marry him. He popped the question on January 1st. As of today I am unaware of the date chosen for their big day. I can recall our wedding day from 1001 years ago like it was yesterday. 

All three of them are successful in their professions and have chosen some very good women to marry. In their professions I am sure they have seen and been given a job description and a set of goals. I am writing today to lay out God's job description for all men. This one isn't spoken of often enough. It comes with a 66 book binder and has standard operating procedures for every purpose under heaven. 

The job description for a  man, can be found in the Bible within the book of Deuteronomy 6:5-7

Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul and with all your strength  These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. 

I wish someone had told me about the true job description for a man when I was very young. Loving the Lord leads to loving your wife and children and leading them always to a relationship with God the Father through Jesus Christ. That love for God makes you want to know more and leads you to open the SOP (God's Word) and follow the directions. Loving the Lord leads to honesty, hard work and in general, a path of righteousness. It comes with a call center for help (prayer) and has God Himself ready 24/7 to lead a husband/father to successful family living. 

So if I were to be asked for any advice on marriage and family it would be exactly what I wrote today. 

I hope these three read this today and if not I will send it to them. 

God bless,

Marty

4 comments: