Friday, January 28, 2022

The Army My Sister Clobbered 1/28/2022

 Good Morning,

A little bit of truck shopping will take place later today, but this morning is going to be consumed with some Door County Breakfast Blend Coffee and some melon for breakfast. I am praying for a deal to be had on a truck.



There were three years of age between my sister and me. She was the middle child and I am the oldest. Back in the day plastic army men were a kid's delight and I had quite a few of them. I would go to great lengths to set them up in a battle formation using the dining room table and other things as cover for the ambush I was arranging for the AXIS powers. I watched a lot of movies about World War Two and reenacted many a battle in the dining room.

No doubt, the plastic soldiers were easy to tip over. Therefore  a two year old was not allowed to play. Especially a girl! My sister would wobble up and start moving my set up around saying "me too. me too". I would take the soldiers away from her and tell her to take a hike and bake some play dough. One time she got so angry that, with whatever few teeth she had, she chewed the head off of my bazooka man (which was a prize possession.) She killed my best guy. Even at two she could think pretty well and one day she laid an ambush for my regiment. Once they were all in position she took one of the horse heads on a stick that kids pretended to ride and attacked my army and me. Once they were laid to rest and I was cornered by the stick wielding munchkin, she said as plain as day, "You lose".


A new dictator had been born. I surely miss her now as she joined the Lord in heaven. If General Patton is in heaven, he has met his match. The point for the day is this. As well as that army was laid out and supported, it didn't take much for it to be wiped out. If you are going into battle today with anything. Make sure to take God with you and He is Master of the plan. 

Deuteronomy 20:4 For the Lord God is he who goes with you to fight for you against your enemies, to give you the victory. 

By the way. I hid her play dough in the freezer. 

Have a great day!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment