Friday, January 7, 2022

One Thing I Don't Tolerate 1/7/2022

 Good Morning, 

The sun will be up soon and it's a cold one today. I just sat down to write with a hot cup of Door County Chocolate Caramel Truffle Coffee next to me. Our two dogs went outside and came back in quickly,, so I knew it was cold without even stepping outside.

Exodus 20:7 You shall not take the name of Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain. 

You can call me just about anything and it won't bother me or get under my skin. I can even tolerate you calling members of my family names, although I would not recommend doing that for too long. The one thing that get's to me immediately and feels like a whip across my back is the arrogant and flippant way people toss the Lord's name around and use it to curse and at times show displeasure with another person or situation. It irks me so much that I won't even give examples of how or what they are. You can use your own mind to fill in the blanks.

If you are around me and that foul language comes out of your mouth and you see me walking away, it is because you just crossed a line that I need to move away from. If I have corrected you in your speech it is because I just don't care to hear God's name used in vain. The name of God should be lifted up humbly, with honor and praise. I am not perfect and have more vices than I care to share. But let's put God back on His throne in our lives, and that can start by not demeaning His name.

I hear a call to put God back in our schools, work places, our justice system and our homes. I think all of that would be great. But let's clean up our mouths and give God an insult free heart to live in first. 

Food for thought on a Friday.

Marty

2 comments: