Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Volumes Are Said When You Say Nothing 1/11/2022

 Good Morning,

I could hear the Door County Cherry Creme Coffee perking in the kitchen so before the alarm went off I surprised our dogs by getting up a littler earlier. They were up to the task and are ready to run around now.

I had a great friend who worked with me for a couple of years and at one time we worked for a small factory during a recession. They factory had work for two days and that was it. We both showed up and they told us what to do and we did it. We worked hard the first day and we were greeted by the owner the next morning. He asked us how we liked the work. The work was simple and we worked hard to impress him and earn our pay. We thanked him for the work and told him it was nice and not too hard. 

He asked us if we ever talked while we were working and we replied "sure" . He told us that the other full time workers were wondering why we never spoke to each other. We told him that we actually did speak, but the workplace was not a place for chit chat and moving machinery needed to be payed attention to. 

James 1:26 Those who consider themselves religious and yet do not keep a tight rein on their tongues deceive themselves, and their religion is worthless. 

He told us to stop in the next day and he would pay us and let us know if he had more work for us. We both showed up on time the next day. The owner gave us four more hours of work and then paid us off. I quote him, " You two guys worked and never took an extra minute at break time or lunch. You didn't complain and I lost a bet on you two. I said that sooner or later you would cuss while working, but you didn't. You cost me ten bucks. If I had openings I would hire you two and ten more like you." We laughed and thanked him and never heard from him again. His company folded three years later, for reasons unknown to us,

What I am pointing out is that we were recognized for what we did not say. I guess our work ethic and speech spoke volumes for us. 

Think before you speak and earn your pay.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment