Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Say! Going My Way? 1/18/2022

 Good Morning, 

It's time to rise and shine and drink that large mug of Door County Highlander Grog Coffee. It is cold outside and the coffee is going to the right spot to warm me up.

The title today could convince you that I am asking for a ride somewhere. The term usually indicates a request from someone to another person to either allow someone to walk with them or hitch a ride. I call this "Not putting yourself into a pickle". 

I, however want to chat about the intent that sometimes comes hidden within a statement like that. "Going my way?", needs to be explained by the person asking the question. If it is determined that they just want to tag along for a walk, or are inviting you to a walk, that is fine in my book. If they are requesting assistance with a ride somewhere and you can help, that is fine also. 

Yet, we all too often use the request as a command, especially when things are not going our way. We pray and ask God to be "going our way."  We sort of command Him at times to bless a walk he never condoned. God will never be commanded to bless what he never sanctioned. As a matter of fact who are we to suggest, ponder or insist that we can tell god what to do. 

This attitude of thinking we can boss God around is the example of the most extreme form of arrogance. 

Proverbs 16:5 Everyone who is arrogant in heart is an abomination to the Lord, and will not go unpunished. 

So when speaking to God and requesting His help. Check the arrogance at the door and ask before you leap if you should proceed with your plans.

Jeremiah 33:3 Call out to me and I will answer you.

Food for thought today.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment