Thursday, January 6, 2022

Change The Date 1/6/2022

 Good Morning, 

I am late in writing today. I had a long night and missed the alarm clock this morning. I must have needed that extra sleep. I do however have a hot cup of Door County Christmas Coffee next to me and now it is time to write. 

2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. 

As I was preparing to write this morning, I looked at the last few days of my blog posts and realized that I still have been writing 2021 in the date line. Before starting out on this one I went back and corrected the last few which now reads 2022. It was easily done, so no harm no foul. I am sure that by now some of you have made the same mistake.

I was really looking forward to turning the page on the year 2021 and hoping that 2022 would be a better year. So far, 2022 is not fairing too well. Another covid variant has gripped our nation and others around the world. Millions of people are ill and travel was just restricted by one country for those traveling ]from the United States. The Olympics are in jeopardy of not having all the best athletes compete due to the omicron variant. In politics the same old fights are going on. Two countries are readying for war. Threats are being leveled by other nations in the name of preventing a war. 

So maybe subconsciously  when I was still writing 2021 instead of 2022 I was just being reluctant to turn the page to 2022. Maybe 2021 wasn't so bad. I am not totally condemning 2022 already, but it sure hasn't started out well.

One thing I do know is this. There has never been a greater need for this world to get down on their knees  and pray.  I am calling all churches to devote more time for prayer. Bring back prayer in the schools. Families who pray at dinner, be thankful for your food, but spend a couple minutes praying for the world to turn to God. Just maybe this world can start spinning in the right direction. 

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment