Saturday, January 22, 2022

Till The Cows Come Home 1/22/2022

 Good Morning,

As I sit here in the den waiting for the fireplace to start heating the house I have a hot mug of Door County Peanut Butter Crunch Coffee to keep me warm. It is time to write. 

Proverbs 16:24 Gracious words are like honeycomb, sweetness to the souls and health to the body.

The phrase "Till The Cows Come Home" alludes to the time a herd of cows take to make their way home. Cows are very languid animals and take their own sweet time at an unhurried pace to return home. The phrase was first seen in print in 1829, but probably was used before that. 


Photo Credit https://gwenynhillfarm.com/

I don't see this phrase as overly romantic and probably won't be used in a wedding ceremony very soon. It is used at times to express a long and everlasting love between two people and is a good analogy for a promise of love to a child, especially one acquainted with a farm. I will try it out on my wife today. You get the picture? 

I believe it is important to not only prove our love for others by our actions.   I also believe it is equally important to reaffirm our love for someone by verbalizing those three words "I Love You" and say it often. 

Children no matter the age should be reminded that they are loved and that it is a love without end. Spouses, nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles, parents, and grandparents need the reassurance of your love and those three little words can always fill the gas tank of emotional well being at times and carry a person through a day of trials. My mother in law always ends a phone call to us with a big I love you and you automatically know it is a lasting love " Till Cows Come Home".

So today, mix in some words with some actions and you have brightened the day for someone else, and your own day as well.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment