Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Time For A Recipe 1/26/2022

 Good Morning.

Wow I thought I was cold yesterday, but yesterday was mild compared to this. My hot cup of Door County Cherry Creme Coffee will be working overtime this morning.

Colossians 3:23 Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord. 

I am not ashamed to say that most of the cookbooks in our home are mine. I enjoy cooking and it gives me a sense of rest and relaxation when I cook. I make the mess in the kitchen and I am blessed to have a wife that doesn't mind cleaning up.

Last night, and it was pretty late, I decided that sleep wasn't going to happen. I was pretty wound up and even my devotions didn't seem to calm me down. I retreated to the kitchen, turned on the radio to my favorite Christian station and listened to some quiet music. The music and the fact that I was home, cooking, and knew that what I was making would make for a happy wife today, meant a lot to me. 

So a pot of Beef Salisbury Steak with gravy was made. My point is this. At certain times you can perform some work and add to the pleasure of the work or hobby by adding some praise and worship time. For me, I found myself praying while cooking, and listening to some old Gospel music. I went to bed later and slept like a baby. 

I have several cookbooks from the Taste Of Home. I have added the recipe I used last night for all of you to try.  Have a great day. 

Marty

Best Salisbury Steak. Credit Taste Of Home

Ingredients

  • 1 large egg
  • 3 tablespoons crushed butter-flavored crackers
  • 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
  • 3/4 pound ground beef
  • 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1-3/4 cups water
  • 2 beef bouillon cubes
  • 1/4 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
  • Hot mashed potatoes
  • Minced fresh parsley, optional

Directions

  1. In a medium bowl, combine egg, cracker crumbs, onion, salt, pepper and sage. Add beef and mix well. Shape into 2 patties.
  2. In a medium skillet, cook patties until browned, 4-5 minutes per side; drain. Remove to a platter and keep warm.
  3. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms in butter for 2 minutes. Stir in flour; blend well. Add water and bouillon; cook and stir until smooth and thickened. Stir in browning sauce if desired. Return patties to gravy and cook, uncovered, over low heat until heated through, about 10 minutes, turning occasionally. Serve with mashed potatoes. If desired, sprinkle with parsley.

No comments:

Post a Comment