Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Talk About Being In The Dog House! 12/21/2021

 Good Morning,

Tuesday arrived right on time as I knew it would. I am blessed to have a hot cup of Door County Candy Cane Coffee within reach and now it is time to write. 

The other day, I noticed something in the refrigerator and it looked homemade. To describe it would be to say it looked like candy coins. The package said it was made from sweet potatoes. I figured it was something my mother in law gave to my wife so I gave it a try. Shortly after chewing on it for awhile, I decided to ask Rene where she got them from as I quickly spit them out. She said, "You didn't eat those, did you? I nodded my head yes. She said "those are dog treats." I held back my gag reflex and drank a gallon of water. Later as I was walking by Rene she barked at me and laughed. This wasn't the first time that I have done something like this. Later while we were at a concert she asked me if I was comfortable in my seat or did I want to lay on my back so she could scratch my belly. Oh my! She thought she was so funny and she laughed for quite awhile.

Job 8:21 He will fill your mouth with laughter, and your lips with shouting. 

I actually got a laugh out of it myself. Not as much as her, but I saw the humor in it. My point for the day is this. Don't take yourself so seriously that you can't enjoy a laugh about yourself. Life is too short not to laugh, even if it is for some dumb thing you did. I truly believe we are blessed when we can laugh with others. 

Last night I wasn't sleeping very well, but pretended to be asleep. I purposely was laying on Rene's side of the bed. She gave me a little nudge to move and that's when this old dog growled. She jumped back and was speechless. I guess he who laughs last, laughs hardest. 

Share the laughter with others, be kind in doing so. 

I promised on December 1st to post a picture each day until Christmas of some of the things Rene has decorated our home with for Christmas. Here is another one, 

Love to all. 

Marty

2 comments:

  1. Marty, be blessed that you didn't try the dog treats on your mid-night refrigerator raid.

    ReplyDelete