Thursday, December 23, 2021

No Too Long Now 12/23/2021

 Good Morning,

My day began with hope of finding some pheasants today and a desire to turn them into some soup for Christmas Eve. I am enjoying a hot mug of Door County Christmas Coffee. I guess you could say I have Christmas in a cup.

Tomorrow will be Christmas Eve. Where did the month go? Soon I will be thinking ahead to spring. Not! I haven't even begun to enjoy winter yet. As dismal as things are around the world right now, I still can't help but look forward to some good food and a football game. I choose to celebrate Christmas and all it stands for despite the urge to hide under a rock like we did last year. Although our celebrations will be limited, we will still take time to read the Christmas story and pop some popcorn. 

Matthew 1:23 "Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and they shall call him Emmanuel "which means God with us. 

That Bible verse has meant a lot to me through the years. Just the thought of Jesus leaving the splendor of heaven to live on this Earth and be destined to a cross because of our sins, amazes me. I stand in awe. 

So when I celebrate Christmas I will remember what all Jesus did because of love. I will remember to say thank you to God and Christmas will be complete.

I promised on December 1st to post a photo each day until Christmas of some things my wife has decorated our home with for Christmas, Here is another one.

God bless,

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment