Wednesday, December 29, 2021

What Can You Say? 12/29/2021

 Good Morning,

I just woke up with some folks on my mind and it is time to write as I sip on a hot cup of Door County Candy Cane Coffee. 

Last night I was speaking to a mother and father who recently had their youngest son pass away and they are now facing the funeral. No matter how long I live, I believe I will never find the perfect words to say to someone who is burying their child, no matter what the age of the child is. 

The best I can usually do is to let them know that I am only a phone call away and that no time is a bad time. I feel that words without action are just words. 

The next thing I try to remember to do is to leave them with a sample of God's word. We all know that a few words from God is much better than the volumes we speak.

Psalm 147:3 He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.

The best we can do is to help them toward God. He is the healer of the heart. 

So when all seems to be meaningless, put your faith into action and send or say some words of comfort by quoting Scripture. 

Last but not least. Pray for them and with them. 

Have a blessed day.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment