Friday, December 17, 2021

Where Was I In 1978? 12/17/2021

 Good Morning,

Friday arrived and I am glad it did. I have some work to do and if it gets done I might be able to enjoy a fish fry with my wife's family. We will see. My Door County Highlander Grog Coffee is tasting might fine today. 

This is an important day for me and I am going to go back in my memory vault and enjoy a fond recollection of this day in 1978. It was snowing and the roads were slippery. A baby was coming any day. And back then you didn't know if it was a boy or a girl. But I was going to be a dad. Well labor hit, the water broke, and it was a long slippery ride to the hospital. The labor was fast and furious and within an hour of arriving at the hospital, our female bundle of joy entered this world and I was a dad. 

Little did I know that the first cry in her life would impact me the way it did. I was proud as could be of being blessed with a healthy little girl. It's been a long time since 1978 and 10 hours worth of driving separates my little girl from dad. But I have to say this. When that phone rings, and her ring tone announces her call, I still grin and enjoy the call and at times I enjoy our talks so much I feel like a new dad all over again. 

There isn't much point to the blog today except for me to acknowledge the blessing that was given to me in 1978. I am thankful each day for the privilege of being a dad to this woman now.  Happy Birthday!

Psalm 127:3 Behold, children are a blessing from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. 

As I promised earlier this month to post photos, of the decorations my wife displays in our "Christmas House" here is another one. 



Have a great day. Enjoy your children and let them know they are loved. 

Marty



No comments:

Post a Comment