Tuesday, December 28, 2021

In A Small Way 12/28/21

 Good Morning,

It is a sure thing for me today that I will be tired at the end of the day. The candle has been burning at both ends for me and tonight I am going to bed very early. A hot cup of Door County White Christmas Coffee awaits me after I finish writing. 

We all have our circles of influence. The circle of influence goes in two directions. In some instances our influence on others flows out and at other times the influence of others flows from them to us. We have in a small way or a big way the power to influence the decisions of others. Of course this works also in reverse. Others can have influence on our decisions. 

My point today. Before giving advice, do you pray about your impact and the advice you are giving?

Proverbs 3:5Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. 

Make sure the advice you are giving is Godly advice.

Pray before you speak. Ask this question. Am I giving advice just to hear myself talk or am I passing on knowledge that God has given me to share? 

Be sure not to be too stubborn to not listen to advice. 

Ecclesiastes 4:13 Better was a poor and wise youth than an old foolish king who no longer knew how to take advice. 

You see, in a small way influence is a two way street.

Marty.

2 comments: