Friday, December 10, 2021

Worship. Prepares Your Heart For Christmas.

 Good Morning,

Friday arrived and I for one am happy to be working today. I will have a road mug of Door County White Christmas Coffee to drink while driving. The radio will be playing some old Christmas tunes and I will have a prayer in my heart. 

Psalm 71:8 My mouth is filled with your praise, and with your glory all the day. 

This is the last day I will be writing about preparing your heart for Christmas. This step is number ten in the process. I have to admit it. This one is the step that hit my heart and blasted me between the eyes. I find that since sharing these steps I have had to work harder in preparing my heart to be right for Christmas. The old devil is working overtime to knock me down. 

10. Worship. Christmas is the perfect opportunity for worship. True worshiping of God encompasses so much more than simply singing. Worship is a way of life. This Christmas, seek to honor Him with the way you live. Speak words to others that breathe life, not discouragement. Love the people in your life selflessly. Humbly serve your family. Praise God with the little moments in your daily life.

This one should be easy to do. I am sure living a life of worshipping God in all things and at all times is the best thing to do. In doing so, much prayer is involved. I will end this blog today with a prayer.

Lord, I am weak and every time I seek a life of praise and worship I either do something to ruin it or something occurs to knock me down. I pray for strength to be what you want and intended me to be. Let there be some hope and peace seen in all I do. Amen

As I promised, I will continue to post a photo each day until Christmas of some of the things my wife has decorated our "Christmas House" with. She sure has a collection. Featured today is the "Kitchen Clock" which plays a different Christmas Carol on the hour. When it is daylight or when the lights are on it chimes a beautiful tune. However at night, it still plays a tune on the hour, but with dimmed lights the volume is less. Quite the clock!

Have a great day.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment