Tuesday, December 14, 2021

You Won't Find It Under The Tree. 12/14.2021

 Good Morning,

I was able to get some much needed sleep last night and I am truly grateful for it. I just poured a large mug of Door County Mistletoe Mocha coffee and now it is time to write.

" He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree." I recall a Christmas that found me in a dark mood, with much despair and no matter what anyone did for me, I could not get into Christmas. What was missing for me was a relationship with Christ. In July of the next year I found my way to God through Jesus. The year before, no present, no tree, no special food, family or friends could fill Christmas with what I needed.

I thought I was defeated in life. And just when I thought that to be the truth, Jesus stepped in and made a difference. I needed to be in sight of the cross, what it stood for and to love the One who died for me.  You can't find that under a tree. But if you seek God you will find Him.

Amos 5:4 This is what the Lord says to you. Seek me and live. 

Surrender your heart and experience a real Christmas day. 

In keeping with my promise to share some photos of how my wife decorates for Christmas, I have another one for you.

Even the kitchen light gets decorated with old spoons.

God bless. 

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment