Friday, December 3, 2021

Christmas Music 12/3/2021

 Good Morning,

I stepped outside this morning and was surprised by some white stuff falling from the sky. Some snowflakes were landing on my head, but nothing was accumulating on the ground. It's a little too warm for the snow to stay. I retreated inside and grabbed a hot cup of Door County White Christmas Coffee. 

Psalm 100:1-2 His steadfast love endures forever. 2 Make a joyful noise to the Lord. Serve the Lord with gladness! Come into His presence with singing!

One of the steps I take to prepare my heart for Christmas is to tune in my car radio to stations that are playing Christmas music. I find that the music brings back memories of old and stirs my heart to remember that Christmas is really all about Jesus. I am particularly fond of the songs Holy Night, and Silent night. I enjoy the secular songs to and can remember singing "all I want for Christmas is my two front teeth".  I still get a chuckle from the songs recorded by Alvin And The Chipmunks .

3. Sing. This may seem a little silly at first, but spend time singing your favorite Christmas songs aloud. Pay close attention to the words, thanking God for His incredible gift of our Savior. Sing these traditional carols as worship songs to the Lord.

The home decorating has slowed down in the last two days, but will resume whole heartedly tomorrow and Sunday. But, a few things made it to the Christmas Holly Jolly Home in the last couple of days. Here is another small example of the efforts of my wife Rene to make Christmas nice for us.


The pie safe was decorated the other day as well as the rest of the kitchen. More pictures to come daily.

Have a wonderful day and enjoy it, because tomorrow it will be history. 

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment