Monday, December 20, 2021

A Nice Concert With My Wife 12/20/21

 Good Morning,

I am awaiting my hot mug of Door County White Christmas Coffee to be brewed, so in the meantime I will begin to write.

Last night my wife Rene and I attended a Christmas concert held in Milwaukee's storied Riverside Theater. While watching television one night I heard that Martina McBride would be presenting a Christmas concert in our area. I mentioned it to Rene and came up with the idea that we would treat ourselves to the concert and call it our Christmas present to each other. If God allows for it, I think we will do it again next year.

Romans1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes.

The plan was set into motion and I purchased the tickets and before we knew it December 19th was here. Our nephew Matt drove us to the concert and picked us up. Our own personal taxi driver! The concert was great and Ms. McBride performed a myriad of Christmas music and a few of her own personal hits. 

Much to our pleasure "Merry Christmas" was still said and religious music sung. There were also secular songs and I did enjoy Frosty the Snowman. But most of all, when she sang O Holy Night chills ran up and down my spine. It was beautiful'

As we prepared for the attending the concert, I mentioned to Rene if she thought any religious music would be sung. I was expecting it to be all secular due to the climate we are in. I was totally wrong and Ms. McBride sang loud and proud. It did my heart good to others singing with her at times. 

I enjoyed my night and was warmed into the Christmas Spirit by a lady who wasn't ashamed to sing religious songs with a Christian base. 

So I am making an early plea for all of you to attend church on Christmas Eve and sing loud and proud. Let the music warm your hearts.

As promised on the 1st day of December I am continuing to post a photo of the decorations my wife displays in our home for Christmas. 




Here is another one.


God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment