Thursday, December 2, 2021

Gather Together 12/2/2021

 Good Morning,

Day two of December was greeted with a hot cup of Door County Mistletoe Mocha and a smile.

I promised that for the whole month I would take a picture of some more of the Christmas and winter decorations my wife Rene is decorating our home from head to toe with. Today's photo is of a taxidermied duck I shot. 


I love my life! A duck with mittens.

Luke 12:34 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. 

As I prepare for Christmas day and get my heart into the Christmas Spirit I am definitely changing my ideas on "get togethers." Some are just not as important as others and should be chosen wisely.

2. Gather. Spend uninterrupted time with the people you love. If necessary, limit the activities and parties you commit to so that you can focus on time with your family instead. We often rush through our busy Christmas schedules and miss time to really be present in the moments we are together with our loved ones. Make memories together as you celebrate Christmas.

This is no doubt some great advice and one I need to follow. I can get too busy and end up neglecting those I love. Last night I had a long talk with a relative of mine that was just way overdue. I left the conversation with feelings of love and accomplishment. That call was not rushed and I enjoyed every minute of it.

So heed this advice Gather with those you love and do not let things pull you away. Your quality time spent, will show them that they are important to you and loved. 

God bless, 

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment