Saturday, December 18, 2021

An Early Christmas Present. 12/18/2021

 Good Morning,

The house is so quiet  right now and I am enjoying the peace as I sit and write today. Our dogs are on the floor next to me with full bellies and they are just about asleep again. My mug is steaming next to me filled with Door County Mistletoe Mocha Coffee. I think I know where I am headed today. 

Psalm 77:14 You are The God who works wonders; you have made known your might among the peoples. 

I would like to write about an early Christmas present that we received yesterday. For sometime now at least a couple of months we have been praying for a baby born prematurely. His name is Ezra. Ezra is the son of our youngest pastor and his wife. Because of arriving early, Ezra has had  few serious health issues, the biggest one being a brain bleed. He has been a little fighter and has had a long hospital stay. His parents and their whole family have been examples of faith and prayer. They weathered through some dark days and their faith in God carried them through. As a church, prayer upon prayer, day, and night were said and lifted to heaven. Every morning my wife and I would pray and whenever else we were led to pray for Ezra and the family. 

Yesterday we were informed that Ezra was being released from the hospital and was going home! The brain bleed was better and all body systems were functioning normally. I announced the the news to Rene and of course she had tears in her eyes and I had a little hay fever attack. Real men don't cry, they have hay fever attacks.  We both hugged each other and said "Merry Christmas." We thanked God for the miracle of an early Christmas present. 

My point is this. That miracle was huge and God deserves all the thanks, glory, praise and honor we can deliver.  Never ever forget to say thank you and I hope many from our church who read this will write down somewhere this day when God moved in a mighty way. We should never forget what God has done. 

In keeping my promise to post a daily photo of some of the Christmas decorations my wife Rene has adorned our " Christmas House" with I have another one for you. Just one corner in the dining room. 


God bless, 

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment