Monday, December 13, 2021

A Gentle Reminder 12/13/21

 Good Morning,

Monday arrived and it started before I was ready. The Door County Gingerbread Spice Latte is finished brewing and now it is time to write. 

As usual, I get things out of order sometimes and in keeping with the Christmas theme for the month I have attached another photo of the decorations my wife Rene has placed in our home to make it the "Christmas House". 

John 6:38 For I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will, but the will of Him who sent me. 

To be honest, this photo should have been the first one in the line of 25. Our nativity set is always the first item to be displayed every year. It was given to us by friends for our wedding a 1000 years ago. It has held up pretty well, although we found out that our 1st Springer Spaniel wasn't a sheep dog. One of the sheep figurines suffered an early death. I guess puppies will chew things now and then. 


Jesus should always come first in all that we do year round. Not to have displayed the "Christmas Story" first was a real mistake on my part. 

When I see the baby in the manger, I can't help but remember that Jesus left heaven to come to Earth and go to a cross for us. 

So today, I humbly bow my head and vow to make sure if I ever do this again, and post pictures of our decorations, the first one will be our nativity set. Jesus always needs to come first.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment