Sunday, December 26, 2021

The Day After Christmas 12/26/2021

 Good Morning,

A  hot cup of Door County White Christmas Coffee is at my side and two sleepy Springer Spaniels want to be fed. It is time to write. 

Proverbs 27:1 Do not boast  about tomorrow, for you do not know what one day will bring. 

I will be giving it one last shot at shooting some geese today as I join some friends for a late season hunt. We cleaned up the house last night from the Christmas celebrations we hosted Friday and yesterday. All the wrapping paper is bundled and ready to head to the dump. Most of the goodies have been eaten or taken to a home or two.

As my wife Rene and I discussed the last two days we concluded that all went as good as it could go and overall it was a great time spent with friends and family. So as much as possible our lives will be going back to normal and we will be looking forward to New Years Day.

I think this year made us more grateful for our friends and family more than ever before. What caused us to be that way? I am not sure, but I am glad that it did. I for one, appreciate the gift of family as ours grows smaller for now. I guess God needs to bless us with some weddings and some babies to keep the family count at least even.

If covid has taught me anything. it is not to take anything for granted. And to count each day as important. What was here today, or who was here today, could be gone tomorrow. So therefore when you can, dance, celebrate, love, laugh, work, build and let those around you know you care.

A deep thought for a Sunday morning.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment