Thursday, December 30, 2021

Time For Those Resolutions. 12/30/21

 Good Morning,

It's time for a big cup of Door County Cherry Creme Coffee and a little time with our two dogs. 

January 1st is coming soon and many people will start thinking a bout and committing to a New Year's resolution or two. 

A resolution to accomplish something can be another two way street. It could be to add something to your life or to take something away, or both. 

My resolution this year is to finally complete the full study of the book of Proverbs and then to start a new workbook and study with the men at church. This is measurable and realistic. The sub compartments in this resolution is to gain knowledge that I can apply to my life and the lives of others. I also resolve to improve my health, yet I am not sure what path I will travel on that one. 

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.



The point is this. Resolutions are good, but only if they can be accomplished. Yes, the goal should stretch you a bit, but not to the point of making it impossible to achieve. Always pray before setting a goal, asking God what He wants you to do. You will feel better spiritually, mentally, and physically when you set a reasonable goal for your resolution. I have no goal to build an ark!

Have a great day!

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment