Monday, December 6, 2021

Time To Remember. 12/6/2021

 Good Morning, 

A little Door County Mistletoe Mocha will go a long way this morning in warming me up and helping me accelerate my body. Monday it is and I will embrace it with gusto.

As I take time to share the steps I am taking to prepare myself for Christmas I can't help but to  remember.

6. Remember. Reflect on the fact that our Savior was born specifically so that He would one day die for our sins. Thank Him for His willingness to enter this messy, broken, hopeless world. Rejoice in the Father’s love, reflecting on the reality that He sent His only Son to pay the price for sin—our sin. Remember what He went through on the cross to save us. Also take time to remember the blessings of Christmas past. If you were able to eat a ham dinner with family and had your favorite aunt sit with the children at the kids table, you were blessed and should take time to remember it. 

To think that God's plan to save us from our sins started with a baby is just mind boggling. Jesus left the glory of heaven to go to the womb and then eventually the tomb. It's why we gather and eat that ham or turkey or better yet lasagna in celebration!  That baby freed us from the wrath and rightful punishment's of God.

Matthew 1:23 "Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and they shall call his name Immanuel , which means God with us". 

To gather with friends and relatives is always nice, but in the back of my mind I will be thanking that baby and then man for being a God who loves me.

As promised I have another photo for you to see. Our Christmas decorating is 95% complete. My wife is on a mission to make this a great Christmas!


Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment