Monday, May 10, 2021

You Make Me Smile 5/10/2021

 Good Morning,

The alarm went off and I hit the floor moving fast. The aroma of the Door County Hazelnut Creme Coffee is beckoning me to venture to the kitchen. It is time to write.

Proverbs 15:30 A cheerful look brings joy to the heart. Good news makes for good health. 

I was trying not to think too hard yesterday while I was enjoying some quiet time outside. My thoughts went to  recalling some memories left to me by my parents. I believe that because it was Mother's Day, thinking about my mom, lead me to other thoughts.



I listen to my nephews now and then as well as my daughter. They have fond memories of their grand parents. There was always something good to eat at Nana's table. Papa was the first to teach each kid how to shoot and fish. It's funny how just the thought of those kids and then one great grandson being able to enjoy time with our parents makes me feel good. 

Those memories are priceless and in my mind they ended too soon. But what will be, will be. It is a legacy I hope I can live up to. Memories, that make others smile. Mom and Dad still are making me smile. It's a good thing to make others smile. I believe that when someone thinks about you and a smile comes across their face, you accomplished a great thing. I can't physically see my parents anymore, but just a memory makes me smile. 

Have a great day. 

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment