Thursday, May 20, 2021

Here Comes The Warm Weather 5/20/21

 Good Morning,

The Door County Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Coffee woke me up about an hour ago. I have a long day planned ahead. Once I am done I can rest for three days. 

1Timothy 6:6 But godliness with contentment is great gain. 

The weather forecast is advising us all in this region that summer is going to give us a visit in the next few days. I am a fall, and winter kind of guy. So the heat does nothing for me. My wife loves the hot weather so I guess I have to give in and support those who don't like to wear long underwear. 

Last night my bride was complaining that since the shorts are coming out, it is now time to really shave the legs. I laughed at her and said "there is a time for every season and your favorite season means you need to get on those legs." I left the room because she wasn't smiling anymore. Seems that some people just can't make up their minds. Hot weather = shave the legs. Cold weather = long underwear.

My point for the day is ADAPT to what you have been given in all things. Maybe the tomatoes aren't growing. Switch to winter squash asap and get something out of the garden. Onions will grow almost until November. Less complaining and make the best of what comes your way. It's hard to work on your tan in January where we live. Take advantage of the sunshine and heat to tan up or sweat a little. Sweet Peach Iced Tea tastes better on a hot day than on a below zero day in February. Learn to be content.

Once you learn to be content and adapt for the good, you'll find that you will enjoy life a little more. 

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment