Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Back To Marriage 101 5/4/2021

 Good Morning,

I am ready, willing and able to write this blog today. My cup of Door County Peanut Butter Crunch is at my side. It is time to write.

For the next few days I will be writing about marriage and some ideas on how to have a successful and loving marriage. 

Today we will just cover some basic behaviors that were learned before the 1st grade.

Please and thank you go a long way in making someone feel appreciated. My wife has ironed a few thousand shirts for me. At one time I saw her tackle 18 white dress shirts so she would be ahead for two weeks. That is a lot of ironing. I looked at her one night while she was at the ironing board and said "thanks for always ironing my shirts". Do you know how that hit home? She was wiping her eyes and said "that was the nicest thing you could have said to me". The other night as Rene was ordering some flowers for her mother to celebrate Mothers Day this coming weekend, she interrupted my work and said, "The computer and the website for flowers are driving me crazy. Later could you please help me order some flowers for my mom." 

Romans 12:10 Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor. 

Manners go a long long way in keeping a marriage afloat. Men do you compliment your wife on how she looks in front of the kids or others? Ladies do you thank your husband in front of the kids for making you all feel safe. Do you thank each other for going to work publicly and privately? Do you brag each other up to family and friends. especially the kids?

Treat others as you would want to be treated. The Golden Rule!!!!

Happy Tuesday.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment