Wednesday, May 19, 2021

A Wise Choice Paid Off 5/19/2021

 Good Morning,

Working my way to a hot cup of Door County Highlander Grog Coffee and a piece of raisin toast. Now it is time to write.

A long time ago when we purchased our Jeep (2012) we were offered a "Lifetime Warranty" for $750 dollars. I have never been one to purchase extended warranties. We were to close the deal the next day, so I had 24 hours to pray about the whole deal. 

On the way home from the dealership, my wife Rene said "you put on a lot of miles and I think an extended warranty might be a good idea." We went home and prayed and after having much peace with the deal we decided to go ahead and purchase the Jeep with the "Lifetime Warranty". 

Philippians 4;6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving let your request be made known to God. 

Yesterday I had to pick up the Jeep after some repairs. The repairs totaled $1300. We only had to pay the deductible of $105. Over the years we have spent out of pocket $900 on deductibles for the repairs to the Jeep. The total amount of what we could have spent is $8250.00 So we have saved ourselves a good $5000. We have a ton of miles on the Jeep and look forward to a ton more. 

I am not here to promote the sale of car warranties. I am here to promote prayer in all things for one. The other thing I would like to point out is that I listened to my wife. I trust her prayer life and the fact that when she hears from God, I would be a fool not to listen. 

1 Corinthians 11:11 Nevertheless in the Lord woman is not independent of man, nor man of woman.

Friends, pray before purchasing. Listen to each other. Have a great day. 

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment