Monday, May 17, 2021

Where The Roses Never Fade 5/17/2021

 Good Morning,

This day promises to be a busy one for me. I enjoyed some extra sleep today and I am also enjoying a hot cup of Door County Vanilla Cappuccino Coffee as I write.

Song Of Solomon 4:16 Awake O North wind, and come, O South; Blow upon my garden, that it spices may flow out, Let my beloved come to the garden; And eat it's pleasant fruits. 

What you see in this photo are some rose petals pressed and sealed between plastic sheets. Originally the petals were a vibrant pink color. I took s couple of roses from a wreath we purchased to honor my sister at her funeral. She told me to send pink roses when we were talking before she passed away. You can see from the photo that the rose petals, despite being sealed away have faded and dried out. 

Just last week while working I ran into someone I hadn't seen in years. She had attended high school with my sister. We exchanged pleasantries and before I moved on she asked me how my sister was doing. I had been hoping I could avoid that question. I answered and told her about the passing of my sister and her eyes started producing some tears and I experienced a little spring allergies myself. 

Somewhat puzzling though, I did not recall my sister laying in a coffin at that moment. I recalled her telling me stories when she came home from school about her and her friend and their daily antics. In my memory she was full of life. I also was reminded of her faith and that she is in heaven, where the roses never fade. 

I also believe that God has given us a memory that allows us to go back and see the sweet things in life. In our memory vault the roses never fade either. So today, when you push the button to a memory choose to see the roses of your life in living color and enjoy a moment or two.

Have a great day,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment