Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Talks A Lot Without Saying Anything. 5/26/2021

 Good Morning,

Wednesday arrived and as I peek over the top of my glasses I can start to see Friday already. My cup of Door County Peanut Butter Crunch Coffee is steaming next to me. It is time to write. 

Proverbs 10:19 When words are many, transgression is not lacking, but whoever restrains his lips is prudent. 


Have you ever been around someone who talks a lot, yet really doesn't say anything? I am sure we all know at least one person like that. This is especially true when someone is confronted by others or authority figures. They will give all kinds of statements without accepting responsibility for their actions. This can also be seen when people are asked to assist with something and it is going to cost them with things like time or money. They talk in circles without saying yes or no to the question.  Being very non committal is the response, they give, thinking that the more they speak the more believable there answer is. Yet their answer is nothing but words in the wind. 

When we give people a song and dance instead of a straight answer we leave ourselves open to interpretation which can cause harm to reputations and feelings. 

One of the ladies at church just remarked at how I can be the king of one word answers. A one word answer never needs an explanation. 

So, I left you food for thought. Have a great day.

Marty



No comments:

Post a Comment