Sunday, May 16, 2021

I Did Pray For Rain 5/16/2021

 Good Morning,

There is a glow in the fireplace. The house was a little cool and damp this morning so a fire was needed and appreciated. My mug of Door County Country Morning Blend Coffee is next to me after being heated to perfection. It is time to write. 

Therefore the showers have been withheld, and the spring rain has not come ; yet you have the forehead of a whore, you refuse to be ashamed. 

On Friday when I heard the weather forecast for the next few days, I was a little disappointed. The weather man on television gave us the news that the best we could expect was some spotty rain showers on Saturday. We truly needed the rain. Our part of the country is experiencing a drought and I saw just how hard the soil is when I was turkey hunting last week. The soil was hard like concrete and the small creek running through that land was dried up. My thoughts while hunting turned to prayers for many and the many issues facing the world, our nation and cities. I also prayed for rain. 

This morning as I looked outside at the green grass and rejuvenated trees, I thought to myself how nice the all day rain we experienced yesterday was. I marveled how  much a good drink of water could heal a parched land over night. Just before I began to write, I believe the Holy Spirit reminded me to be thankful for the rain. I recalled my prayer for rain vividly. Now I am not saying my prayer was anything special. I am sure I wasn't the only one who prayed for rain. But this morning I was reminded that I did pray for rain. I was reminded Who sent the rain and that my small plea was answered and god decided it was time to let this land drink. 

The experience of this morning memory recall was priceless. God sends the rain, the sunshine, and the clouds. He orchestrates the morning and the night. He hangs the stars and the moon in their place. The ocean tides rise and fall at His command, despite the ugliness we have brought into the world and embrace. God just keeps the world spinning and if you look and watch you can see the beauty He gives us. My only sorrow is that I had to be reminded to be thankful. As I write, my shame is before me. So after being grateful I moved my prayer to asking to be forgiven for not giving God the glory for such a perfect rain, perfect timing, and being thankful that He heard a prayer from a one such as I. 

Be grateful in all things my friends.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment