Tuesday, March 9, 2021

You Can't Get To The Other Side Unless You Leave The Shore 3/9/2021

 Good Morning,

Once again I am on the road extremely early and it will be a long day. My Thermos bottle of Door County Peanut Butter Crunch Coffee will be a much appreciated companion. 

I puddle around enough swamps to know for sure that the duck hunting always seems to be better on the other side of the river, marsh, or lake. I am bright enough to know that if I want to get to the other side I have to leave the shore on which I am sitting to get to the other side. I also know that as I leave that shore I am usually headed into deeper water until I get to the other side. 

Luke5:4 Launch out into the deep. 

Jesus compelled His disciples to go out into the deep to catch some fish. Jesus is not recorded as to saying how deep they should strive to be.  We can get very comfortable on the shore of our Christian walk. We find Jesus, we attend church and serve now and then. But have we launched out into the Deep of God's Word? Do we seek be Spirit driven 100%?  Do we seek to be deeper into God so the sins we like to keep are no longer a desire for us? Are we still on the first shore of our walk, afraid to step out into the deep and learn more of God's will for our lives. 

In all things, Jesus bids us to "launch" He never says how deep. We need never to worry about gong too far with God.

Have a great day!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment