Monday, March 29, 2021

I Just Bought The Golden Gate Bridge 3/29/2021

 Good Morning,

My day is starting early this morning and it might last a long time before I get home. So I filled a travel bottle with some Door County Cherry Creme Coffee and now it is time to write.


Photo Credit Wikipedia.

I don't know about you, but my wife and I continue to receive some scam phone calls quite often. We are on the do not call list have scam blocker on our phones, yet we still get a scam call now and then. The callers are either trying to sell us something or asking us to claim a prize we won. They always want to ship us something and all they need is a credit card number to ship it. They bait you to say the word yes. If you say the word yes they have it recorded and they can use your voice as "permission to proceed". Once you say yes they hang up and you really did not purchase the Golden Gate Bridge. 

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is alive and active. It is sharper than a two edged sword. It penetrates to even dividing soul and spirit, bone and marrow; it judges the attitudes of the heart and things of the mind. 

The worst one is when they tell you that you have violated a Social Security law or the IRS is looking to arrest you. They threaten you with jail. They ask you to verify your SS number and once they have it they are gone. The trouble just started. 

Now I don't always hang up when they call. I listen and again they want my Social Security number and a credit card account so I can pay my fines and avoid jail. I politely refuse to pay over the phone and ask them to set up a meeting with me so I can pay cash and we can meet face to face. This usually provokes a verbal barrage from the caller and then I read a Bible verse to them while they are calling me names that I cannot quote without being crude and rude. 

I even had one caller get so angry with me after I read the Bible verse to him that he called back. He then got the dog whistle in his ear. ( That was kind of mean on my part) 

Lesson today. Scammers are out there and they prey on all people, not just the elderly. Be careful. If it sounds too good to be true, it is. I still believe that God's Word left with a scammer does go out and accomplish what He wants it to. The scammers mean to do harm and what they receive is a dose of God's Word. It is up to them to respond to it. You just never know.

Advice. Memorize a few verses to share or make a handy list. I never had a scammer call back and ask for more verses, but you just never know what God's Word is accomplishing.

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment