Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Making Promises While Riding A Wave 3/2/2021

 Good Morning,

It feels good to see the sun shining through the windows of our home. It is easy for me to love the sunshine and enjoy what it holds for the future. I just poured myself a mug of Door County Mocha Mint Coffee and now it is time to write. 

Psalm 22:25 I will fulfill my vows in the presence of those who worship you. 

We all know that person who is long on promises but short on starting any actions to see them through. Maybe you and I have done the same thing. The last thing one should want to be known for is the inability to keep a promise (vow)

At some time or another we all make promises to God or others. I for one promised my wife a trip to Hawaii for many years. Something always came up or I found a reason not to go. The last time I said that we would plan a trip I received a reply that cut to the bone. "Don't say it again. I have heard that for years". Rene was right and she called a booger a booger. Shortly after that I called a friend in the travel business and asked to set the wheels in motion. We went to Hawaii a few months later and had a wonderful time. It should have been done sooner. 

Perhaps we  made a vow to God to love Him dearly, serve Him with passion and commitment. You promised to enhance your worship of Him or improve your church attendance. Maybe God placed a call on your life to serve Him in missions and you know it. Maybe you even told others about it. You might have made a vow to remove some sin from your life and you haven't done what it takes to be successful.

It is easy to make a vow to God, especially while riding a wave of enthusiasm after a spiritual high and emotion. But a vow is a vow, a promise is a promise and it should be our goal to see that our plans lead to positive actions in our Spiritual life and our home life as well. 

There's the thought for today. God bless.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment