Tuesday, March 30, 2021

A Breeze In The Window 3/30/2021

 Good Morning,

Tuesday arrived as promised and I sit here after prayer, drinking a hot mug of Door County Cherry Creme Coffee. 

1 Kings 19:11-13 11. "Go out and stand on the mountain," the Lord replied to Elijah " I want you to see Me when I pass by." All at once , a strong wind shook the mountain and shattered the rocks. But the Lord was not in the wind. Next, there was an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake. 12. then there was a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire. Finally there was a breeze, 13. and when Elijah heard it, he covered his face with his coat. He went out and stood at the entrance to the cave. The Lord asked Elijah, "Why are you here"? 


Last night while finishing some paperwork, I was working in the 2nd story den. I opened a window and let the fresh breeze blow into the house. From where I sat I could feel it lightly blowing across my face. I was drinking some tomato juice from last summer's garden harvest. I worked without interruption for a good hour or more which in itself is a luxury. 

It didn't take me long to finish the work and then sit for a moment or two to reflect on a few things. I soon came to the conclusion that working in the breeze and enjoying the fruits of our labor was actually pretty nice. 

I really enjoyed my time of reflection and prayer. I found myself telling God how thankful I was just to experience the peace, the refection time, and the juice. All three of those were provided by God. I was feeling overwhelmed until I retreated to the den. Things have been a little hectic. From where I sat I could see the tomato, pepper and squash sprouts Rene has started in some pots. I saw the garlic bulbs popping through the garden soil. I am amazed to think that God knows how many she planted and how many will survive and whether or not we will be blessed with vegetables from the garden.

There isn't one thing in our lives that He doesn't know about. I already knew this and it is certainly not a surprise to me. But somedays you just need to sit, listen, and watch everything around you. Best rest I have had in a month. 

Elijah was going through a rough time and He just needed time in the breeze, listening to God. His Heavenly Father gave Him some instructions. 

So my friends, find the breeze and enjoy it. Just remember Who gave it to you.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment