Friday, March 19, 2021

Strength In Solitude 3/19/2021

 Good Morning,

Friday arrived right on time for this guy. My only goal for this morning is to sit and enjoy breakfast with my wife and savor a cup of Door County Toasted Praline Coffee. 

Matthew 14:23 He went up into a mountain apart to pray.

I love going to church and seeing my church family, worshipping with them. It is one of the highlights of my week. I find this to bring joy and fellowship. Being raised in a more conservative way of church attendance, I sometimes miss the quiet and reverence of the old days. I find that it is sometimes impossible to sit in quiet peaceful solitude while at church. The joy of being together as a flock at times over rules the calm, restfulness, and holy peace we seek. 

Many of my friends from church read this morning blog. Don't be offended, I love seeing everyone, but I find my peace, and strength, in solitude alone with God. There is a time for both. And we need to make quiet time happen.  Strength is not bluster and noise. I find my strength alone reaching toward the heavens in prayer, and listening. A lake cannot reflect the beauty of the heavens in it's reflection if it is full of waves. 

In most of His ministry, Jesus was surrounded by people. Yet in Scripture we see Him taking time to wander off alone, often to the hills for time with the Father. The one thing needed today is that we at times go apart with our Lord and sit with Him in holy privacy. His presence is a sacred and holy time. This time is tonic for the soul.

Food for thought on this Friday

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment