Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Goose Stir Fry 3/10/2021

 Good Morning,

It felt good to go to bed last night and it felt good to wake up. I can smell the Door County Blueberry Cobbler Coffee brewing downstairs. Oh happy day.

Galatians 6:10 " So then as we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone, and especially to those who are of the household of faith.


I have always said that I married a woman who doesn't ask for much. She is very frugal and to be very honest we have what we have because of her. She keeps me grounded. I do most of the cooking in this house and when I asked if there was anything she might like for dinner this week, she replied with an "I don't know" statement. 

Later last night she asked me what I was doing and I replied "just getting ready to check my eyelids for cracks." I was super tired and the bed was calling my name. Rene then said "I thought of something I sure would like for dinner this week. Let's have one night with some of the things you shot this year and some of the food we put up last fall. Goose stir fry with lots of garlic, onions and squash.!!! We could have some of that great applesauce also."

Rene was accomplishing two things here. She was taking down the load on the freezer to make room for next year. She was also asking to eat one of her favorite dishes. She loves that goose stir fry. In addition, she makes me feel good that I can provide something for her that she likes. 

Here is the point for the day. Maybe you live with a low maintenance person like I do. They don't say much and they usually go along with whatever....  But now and then they want, desire, or require something special. We need to listen for subtle hints and take them seriously. Goose will be on the plate tonight, not to humor Rene, but to express her importance to me. I could have said, "maybe this weekend  or probably next week". I made this small request a priority.  Rene knows how much she is loved, but now and then friends you just have to show it. 

Have a great day. 

Marty

2 comments:

  1. Marty, It is so easy to miss these opportunities and I must admit I have missed more than my share.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Morning Ray. I am guilty of missing many opportunities as well. Have a great day.

      Delete