Sunday, March 7, 2021

If That Isn't Love 3/7/2021

Good Morning,

I always look forward to a Cup of Door County Country Morning Blend Coffee on Sundays. My Sunday morning ritual of warming up the house with the fireplace and listening to the radio is something I look forward to as I write. Soon it will be warm enough outside and we won't need the fire. 

Yesterday I had the privilege to go trap shooting with my nephew and some of his friends. It was good to be around young folks.  I really enjoyed myself. I am grateful for the experience. 

My thought for today is this. Jesus lived for others and not for Himself. He was friends with others, healed many, taught thousands and died for us all. One of the things Jesus did that truly amazed me was one of the actions He took while on the cross.  Jesus was crucified with two other people next to Him. Both of them were guilty criminals. 

Luke 23:39-43   39.Then one of criminals who were hanged on their own cross blasphemed Him, saying. "If you are the Christ save yourself and us.  40. But the other, rebuked him saying, "Do you not even fear God, seeing you are under the same condemnation? 41. And we justly, for we receive the due reward of our deeds; But this man has done nothing wrong. 42. Then he said to Jesus, "Lord, remember me when You come into Your kingdom." 43. And Jesus said to him, "Assuredly, I say to you, today you shall be with Me in paradise.

We see that while on the cross, suffering great pain and facing His own death Jesus was filled with compassion for the thief who defended Him and asked to be with Him. I call that compassion, love. If it isn't love than I am not old and bald. 

I believe that someone out there reading this today just needs to hear that Jesus loves you and wants to have a relationship with you. Notice Jesus said "today you shall be with Me". Jesus wasn't sending this fellow someplace where Jesus wasn't. Jesus was bringing this guy home. That is true love. Jesus was going to die for the sins of humanity and that meant Jesus was dying for the sins of this guy next to Him. But the criminal humbled himself and said "remember me". Jesus took the sinner home, never more to roam.

That is perfect love. Food for thought.

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment