Monday, March 15, 2021

The Day Before Tomorrow 3/15/2021

 Good Morning,

The wind is howling outside of our den this morning. A winter storm is supposed to visit us later today. What a contrast to the weather we have enjoyed last week. My cup of Door County Autumn Spice Coffee is a welcome companion on this cold, windy and soon to be wet day. 

Proverbs 27:1 Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day will bring. 


If you are anything like I am, you have your calendar full of important dates in the future. You have listed some birthdays, or vacations. In there, is probably a few doctor or dental appointments. We were supposed to be leaving this coming Friday to visit our daughter. But wouldn't you know, another covid interruption has postponed that. But there is the possibility to reschedule and hope that the fourth time happens. What I looked forward to, did not happen. But I still have this day to deal with, and do something. I chose to be content and see what it brings. 

I often take out the calendar and look ahead to the next day to my plans listed on the page. Very often what I see for the next day has me saying"I can't wait for tomorrow to come". Then there are those days when the day before tomorrow (today) is just one of those days and you say "I can't wait until this day is over."

Each day we are here is a gift from God. And we never know when those days will come to an end. Tomorrow might not be there for some of us. So despite  our circumstances, shouldn't we embrace the day as a gift and make the best of it for ourselves and possibly others? You have the chance to call someone today and encourage them, or share a prayer or a laugh. This day will be over before you know it and my advice for this morning is for all of us not to waste it.

Enjoy your coffee or tea. Pet the dog. Laugh with someone. Pray and talk with God. Feed some birds today. Work hard if that is on the menu. Treat yourself good, you are important. And be thankful you are here.

Have a blessed day,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment