Thursday, July 31, 2014

Wisconsin State Fair 7/31/2014

Good Morning,

One more day until August 1st. My coffee this morning is Door County Jamaican Blue Mountain Blend. I was given this sample from a friend. This is a first time for me on this flavor. I am enjoying the coffee with a bolder taste.

Today is the first day of the Wisconsin State Fair. It is a celebration of Wisconsin with a festival atmosphere. There is something at the fair to be enjoyed by all ages and tastes. I will be attending Sunday afternoon to listen to some local music and purchase a new flag pole for our yard.

One of the things that many look forward to at the fair is their famous cream puffs. During the run of the fair, the vendor makes thousands of these delicious treats. I see one in my future. I have noticed that the desire for a cream puff does not discriminate by age, or gender. It seems that young or old, female or male, everyone likes a cream puff. Now I have been known to eat two of these puffs. But later all that cream is a little hard on my digestion process. One puff is fine, but two puts me over the edge.

There is good advice found within the Bible for cream puff consumption as well as other goodies.
         
                      
Galatians 5:22-23

 
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.

Self control is good for many things including the stomach. There is no limit on the fruits of the Spirit. They are always good for you and offer aid in keeping things away that can cause harm.
The best way to possess the Fruits Of The Spirit is to "walk in the Spirit". This comes by faith, prayer, listening and obedience.

Not only can self control help the digestive process it helps prevent ulcers of worry.

This Scripture gives advice but can be read as "medicine for the soul".

God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment