Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Smoothing Out The Road 7/30/2014

Good Morning,

Wednesday and the middle of the week has arrived. My coffee this morning is Door County Cinnamon Sugar Biscotti. It rained last night and the grass is still wet. We needed some rain and it was much welcomed.

The last few weeks the drive to work has been a challenge. The highways I take to the hospital are being repaired and repaved. But just yesterday I noticed that for quite a distance  I was driving a new smooth pavement. I can still remember the winter damage on the highway that seemed to develop holes large enough to swallow a small car. Those holes had a way of being able to launch the coffee from my cup and place it directly on a shirt or tie.
As I was driving I saw the road pavers parking their equipment for the morning. They worked all night when traffic was lighter to smooth out the roads for the rest of us. I had to tip my hat to them in thanks.

Throughout our lives there have been people who smoothed out our personal roads in many ways. It might have been a teacher or coach who helped you excel. It might have been parents that called in a favor to help you get a job, or they signed for your first loan. It could have been a clergy member who helped you through a rough time.  These personal road pavers were gifts used by God to bless us.

We need to remember who sent the road pavers in our life.

James 1:17        
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Now with every winter we receive road damage by the time spring comes. And every year the people who smooth out the road are back. You can count on it. Somewhere in the future someone will smooth out the way for you. Be sure to thank them and God.

Have a great mid week day!

God bless.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment